Zuma makes an automated sales agent that converses with 100% of inbound leads, ultimately improving the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. We’ve built this from the ground up using AI, ML, and human support which helps increase sales conversion and support capacity for businesses of all kinds. Zuma is one of the fastest-growing startups in Los Angeles, and is well-funded and backed by world-class investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Y-Combinator, Joe Montana’s fund (Liquid 2 Ventures), Day One Ventures, Soma Capital, and other notable angel investors including Austen Allred (from Lambda School), YC’s former-COO Qasar Younis, among others.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, USA, we operate nationally and have plans to grow rapidly over the next few years. To do that, we need great people committed to our vision in a big way. We're looking to build a team of rockstars that are equally excited about the opportunity to leverage technology to improve the way customers interact with businesses!
Zuma is looking for an Operations Manager with 5+ years of experience running a live agent team and/or consulting for US/European clients. This individual will be the first hire for our India BPO and will help build the foundation for Zuma’s in-house virtual leasing agent team. We are looking for someone who is eager to own the company's in-house operations as we scale. Highly valued experience includes onboarding agents, training them, scaling operations, and managing the team to ensure they are performing their roles efficiently. You will work with the US-based operations team to establish a process for hiring, training, and managing the agents that we hire in India.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a consultant, BPO Operations Manager, or Operations Manager of a similar type of team
- Experience interviewing candidates and building a team
- Proven ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Strong follow-up and communication skills are keys to success here
- Ability to handle multiple priorities under tight deadlines, with a track record of delivering results and a “get it done” attitude
- Strong ability to multitask, handle fire drills, and work in ambiguity
- High EQ, with a bias towards empathy
- Analytical skills and a bias towards using data to make decisions. You should be able to identify and analyze trends and determine the next steps.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty and lead by example
- Excellent understanding of technology, software applications, and phone and computer systems
- Advanced customer focus and customer service skills
- Exceptional training and coaching skills to motivate employees
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and in control of a situation
- Strong Excel (or any equivalent, e.g., Google Sheets) / Powerpoint skills
- Interview, hire, and train a team of virtual leasing agents in our India office
- Manage leasing agents day-to-day and ensure they are servicing the client accounts in a timely manner
- Manage and maintain work schedules for virtual leasing agents to ensure there is proper coverage
- Assist with running payroll and approving timecards as needed
- Attend weekly operations meetings with US and Philippine team to discuss portfolio performance and create weekly action items that will be taken back to the virtual agent team
- Provide agents with constant coaching to ensure they are properly engaging with our leads and improving in their performance week over week
- Maintain spreadsheets and other important internal documents
- Pull client reports as needed for management
- Maintain internal reporting system in Monday.com
- Contribute to weekly Ops Manager meetings
- Contribute to weekly agent all-hands meetings
- Surface escalated issues by agents to management as needed
- Provide product feedback from agents and team members on product and processes