Who is Zuma?
Zuma makes an automated sales agent that converses with 100% of inbound leads, ultimately improving the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. We’ve built this from the ground up using AI, ML, and human support which helps increase sales conversion and support capacity for businesses of all kinds. Zuma is one of the fastest-growing startups in Los Angeles, and is well-funded and backed by world-class investors such as Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Y-Combinator, Joe Montana’s fund (Liquid 2 Ventures), Day One Ventures, Soma Capital, and other notable angel investors including Austen Allred (from Lambda School), YC’s former-COO Qasar Younis, among others.
We’re passionate about building a world-class sales team, as we believe that exceptionally talented people are the key to delivering a great customer experience at every turn. We provide a unique opportunity to grow by being surrounded by a team of brilliant and experienced individuals and leaders. Our team is dedicated to cultivating personal and professional development by creating a culture of feedback, transparency, innovation, passion, learning, and winning. Our business is dependent on happy clients who understand and participate in our vision.
Zuma is looking for a Regional Account Director (RAD) with 2-3+ years of experience selling into the multifamily industry. We are building out our Outside Sales team and seeking tenacious RADs to join our team. If you are excited about sales, joining a fast-paced start-up environment where your work will make an immediate impact as we continue to scale, would be a great fit for you!
RADs are responsible for securing meetings with corporate marketing contacts, attending local and national events, growing your market, and executing agreements with top multifamily property management companies. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced start-up environment where your work will make an immediate impact as we continue to scale, this would be a great fit for you!
What you’ll do as part of the team:
- Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop target accounts to secure meetings.
- Leverage training and internal resources to become an expert about the company, industry, and our platform’s benefits and features in order to effectively articulate Zuma’s value, while gathering information about prospect needs
- Efficiently identify and reach out to the right people to approach within target accounts: the members of the buying team and its key influencers
- Strategically coordinate outbound activities to target various buying personas and create high-value opportunities in target accounts
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections with the goal of securing a
- Consistently achieve monthly qualified opportunity quotas to ensure revenue objective
- Understand the budget, decision-making timeframe, customer goals, and key decision-makers within the prospect’s organization
- Collaborate with product, engineering, account management teams, and ops teams to improve our product.
Here are the skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience within the multifamily industry
- Excited for an outside sales with 50% travel (in-market + out-of-market)
- Experience engaging with multiple Sr. level leaders within an organization
- Pre-call planning, opportunity qualification, objection handling, call structure and control, time and territory management
- Proven track record of achieving measurable sales goals in a sales environment where accurate entry and management of lead data in a CRM system was required
- You are: competitive and have a track record of success, agile and embrace change, ambitious and don’t take no for an answer, and determined to overcome obstacles
- You are: a motivated self-starter and love bringing new ideas to the table, a team player that leads by example
- You have high-energy: fun, happy, optimistic, entrepreneurial and have fantastic phone skills
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office)
- Experience with email and social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Sales training and CRM experience a plus
And here is what’s in it for you:
- Be a part of an exceptional team: our team is filled with talented and motivated self-starters
- Unlimited opportunities for growth
- Awesome company culture and numerous learning opportunities & company events
- Some of the best employee perks and benefits anywhere!
Perks and benefits:
- Health and Wellness Reimbursement: For gym memberships, virtual classes, health program or wellness app subscriptions, etc.
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off: Take the time that you need to refresh
- Medical Coverage: Medical, dental, and vision
- Work where you want: We encourage working from home and at our network of WeWork offices.
- Team Activities: Frequent team outings and fun events!
- Fun Incentives: Daily, weekly, and monthly contests, as well as performance-related incentive trips
- Competitive base pay with uncapped commissions
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply.
Zuma is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.